Thursday, October 13, 2011

so it's 1/4 into the school year...

I wanted to start blogging about my teaching year this August, promptly, when school first began, when I was living in summer-freedom bliss.

Then I forgot, and...now I've remembered.

I'm staring at a kid right now who brought a yellow balloon to class with a weird ass face painted on it. He named it "Retard". Don't you just love fourteen year olds?

I'm assuming this blog will be about the misadventures of lesson planning, teaching, and trying to fit in my random hobbies of working out, baking, music, photography, creating art, and hopefully learning Spanish (again).

A little bit about me:

This is my second year of teaching.

I teach 8th Grade English as well as Pre-AP English(first year teaching this).

I have about 100 students.

The town I live in is small, with only a Wal-Mart and Home Depot. But OMG a lady just opened a Thai Restaurant. OMG.

I love to workout. Major de-stresser. I just began lifting weights at a local gym using The New Rules of Weightlifting for Women. I love it for the most part.

I eat strange vegetarian things. And fish and sometimes occasionally chicken. I LOVE greek yogurt, nut butters, oatmeal, and apples. Don't get me started on apples.

I'm writing this in my classroom as my kids take an exam. I guess that's a "bad teacher" thing to do.


Okay, enough for now, I need to get back to erm, work...


-tha angry teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment