Friday, March 30, 2012

Never Have I Ever: 8th Grade Edition

This week, after tedious state testing (THANKS IGNORANT POLICY MAKERS) my group of testing kids had to spend the rest of the day with me on Tuesday and Wednesday. After cards, Scrabble (surprisingly popular among 14 year old ESL boys), and facing the next two hours cell phone and mp3 playerless, a group of the kids decided to play Never Have I Ever.

For all you oldies out there, Never Have I Ever is actually a drinking game in which you hold up five fingers and the group goes around the [beer soaked]table starting sentences off with "Never have I ever..." The point is to find out as much embarrassing stuff about your friends as possible.  If you have done that thing, then you put down one of your fingers and take a chug. The first person with all five fingers down, meaning that they have done at least 5 of the activities the other people have said that they have never participated in, has to chug an entire drink.

Of course my students wanted to play so that they looked the most bad ass and whoever wins was the first person with all 10 fingers down (they used both hands the lil daredevils)

It was highly amusing at first because the "cool" kids kicked out the "goody-goody" kids into their own circle. Then the whispering began. I pretended to read The Knife of Never Letting Go by Ness but kept my ears trained in the two circles' direction.

Started off innocently enough

"Never have I ever been out of Texas."

"Never have I ever cheated on a test."

"Never have I ever drank a sip of alcohol."

woah, wait, things are getting progressively raunchier

"Never have I ever been drunk."

"Never have I ever smoked [pot]."

"Never have I ever had a fantasy about Jessi."

ooo, yuck vomit gag

I never want to imagine one of my students jacking off. Please stab my eyes out.


 Only FORTY more school days!


have a peaceful weekend,
-thaangryteacher

No comments:

Post a Comment