Wednesday, November 16, 2011

friends in the country


It’s surprising what an hour or two in friendly company can do for a person. Last weekend I went dancing with my coworker, and last night I had dinner with two teachers from the high school down the road.

Living out in the middle of nowhere is bittersweet. I love the sunsets, the open sky, and the orange, red, fusia painted autumn trees. Life here is tranquil and slow. There isn’t too much rushing, no traffic to speak of, and the cost of living is super cheap.

But I do miss the ability to window shop at the mall, not plan trips to “the city” for organic/vegetarian groceries or for a single pair of work pants. And honestly, the tranquility of the country life gets boring quickly. There’s a Wal-Mart, a Hastings, and a small movie theater. Not much else for 30 miles.

and yeah, last night I might have ran over a possum. no big deal right?

That said, I haven’t made many friends here because 1. I’m quiet 2. Small towns are extremely cliquish 3. There’s rarely an opportunity to meet people here.

So these past few days are a blessing for me to actually interact with different people from different backgrounds yet whom share similar outlooks on life as me. Although I might have scared them off by saying the F-word while telling a story. Hey, it was something one of my professors back in college yelled at me and I was only repeating it for truth’s sake…I don’t cuss…that’s a naughty thing bad people do!



All in all, I’m really at peace today.



I hope you are having a peaceful day as well,

-tha angry teacher



PS: If you ever get the opportunity to go to a Mexican Club and dance Tribal or Cumbia, DO IT! So. Much. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment