Thursday, December 15, 2011

Book List!

GIFT IDEAS!!!

The Hunger Games Trilogy- I read these last year and didn't like them as much as these past couple weeks when I've re-read them. Very good! Lots of action, love, rebellion against the man, and drama!

Travels with Charley- John Steinbeck. My favorite book of all time perhaps. I love Steinbeck's fiction works, but something about this book, non-fiction, really captured my attention and makes me want to roadtrip!

The Book Thief-Markus Zusak I read this book randomly because my friend had it with her on a trip to NOLA. It was the only book in the car, so I started reading and couldn't stop. It's set during the Holocaust in Germany and rather sad, but I love how the narrator is Death.

For teen girls:
Matched - Ally Condie. Sort of similar to The Giver in that there is a society in the future that controls everything the people do, including marriage. Girls will love the romance in this book. There really isn't much else, it's a pretty fluff book.

Any book by Sarah Dessen. I feel in love with her writing back in junior high, and now, my junior high girls check her books out more than other things I have on my shelf.

for boys:
Stormbreaker/Alex Rider chronicles: I've only read the first one, but it was great! There was lots of action and a great plot to follow along. I have plenty of girls in my classes that love this series as well.


that's all!

-thanagryteacher

ps: I apologized to the girl. She is so quiet that I can't tell if she forgave me or not. I swear I've only heard her talk once. maybe. (except not during the debate)

No comments:

Post a Comment