Thursday, December 15, 2011

where've you been?

I've been busy..ish
Mostly I haven't blogged in 15 days because the internet at my house is so slow that it won't upload the blogger site! So I have to blog from other places, like work...;)

Lately I've turned into a mean teacher. Like, making-kids-cry-mean-teacher. The first time it happened, about 2 weeks ago, omg that sounds so awful to say "first" time and it is, it was unintentional, and the boy took a flippant comment from me and turned it around to where I was insulting his family. It didn't help that he is having family problems. I apologized to the best that I could knowing that I had done wrong but not intentionally.

But yesterday, oh yesterday, I snapped at a girl for talking during a debate. The reason I was so mean to her was because during her debate, she barely said anything because she is extremely shy.

This was the comment I made to her: "Look Sally, you can't talk because you didn't talk during your turn, so you definitely don't get to talk now!"
Imagine that half-yelled in your face....it was bad. Technically she didn't cry, but omg I felt(and rightly so) like a complete bitch for saying that to her. I mean, I am a shy person myself!!In front of a class, I can talk all day, but around a group of peers, I barely make a peep.

So today I am going to beg her forgiveness and I pray pray pray she doesn't hate me all year.

No justification at all.

Right after that happened, I was walking to the restroom when a lovely group of 7 or 8 boys saw me and when I walked back down my hall (so my ass was towards them), they whistled. OH BOY. I was pissed. Seriously?Seriously? 13 year old children whistling at a grown woman?
I wasn't going to say anything until they whistled about 5 times (and the hall is looong, so I was a good 50 yards from them) and I turned around and marched all the way down that hall (I even heard a panicked whisper, "oh she's turning around!") and gave those fools a piece of my mind about treating ladies correctly and harassment. oh, sometimes, it's OK to be mean. Like then, well, they needed to be yelled at. That was stress relief!

tomorrow, book suggestions

-thaangryteacher

No comments:

Post a Comment