Friday, January 13, 2012

Longest Week Ever

I'm not sure why exactly, I can't pinpoint a single thing that has turned this into the longest week, but it has been. Last week flew by like a hijacked speed boat. This week, a snail crawling slowly along a hot sidewalk with a crack in its shell.

(way to go on using similes and metaphors)

One of my worst students isn't even in my class; he's in alternative school for a month.
Yet, yet...I just can't get back into the routine of waking up at 5:45am every morning since the Christmas holiday. I don't wake up till 10am, which is two classes into the day...oh my poor poor first period class. They suffered this week.

I am excited for a THREE DAY WEEKEND! woot woot
and I'm excited to teach something I didn't teach last year, Lewis Carrol's Jabberwocky. It should be a great little activity to get my kids thinking about grammar-something I absolutely hate. Honestly, I teach Reading, not Grammar so I don't know all the parts of a sentence or the difference between complex/simple/confklad sentences and simple/complex/subjunctive/farteinds sentences....

So I can learn with the kids!!!!!!hahaha that makes me a horrible English teacher...but I promise other than grammar, I know my shit, I swear!


have a lovely weekend,

thaangryteacher

No comments:

Post a Comment